We’re on the lookout for a talented and creative SEO Content and PR Director to join our team in either Stockton-on-Tees or Manchester. If you have a passion for creative content and PR and a keen interest in online marketing and digital technology, this could be the perfect role for you.
As SEO Content & PR Director you will train, manage & inspire the SEO Content & PR Team, as well as being able to formulate & execute work independently - this can range from written pieces to creative campaigns / content marketing. A key component of this role is to develop and install content marketing throughout the team. Your experience will help to guide the team in knowing what works and how and why from a content & PR perspective. Being able to handle and build relationships with journalists, website PR & influencers is critical.
To be successful in this key role within the SEO team you will have a proven track record of best practice content requirements for both SEO & engagement / assisted conversion. Being able to provide examples of work whereby keyword research has been involved, strategy to target specific SERPs & delivery of results such as featured snippets, higher rankings & higher traffic (assisted conversions where applicable). You will also be able to outline their own process for content marketing (from ideation, process & delivery) with a number of successful examples where coverage has been secured & attributed to the overall success of any given SEO campaign.
In addition to line management of Content & PR Strategists you will be expected to look for opportunities to grow the product offering (either as part of existing SEO clients or standalone campaigns) & push the offering forward.
Does this sound like you? Discover more and apply today…
What you’ll be doing:
This position will involve day to day management of a number of projects, with responsibility for producing content of an excellent standard for a set number of clients. The role will involve working with members of the SEO team and marketing department to meet client KPIs, with management duties for the SEO content team. Main duties & responsibilities include:
- Line management duties for members of the SEO content & PR team, including training and regular reviews
- Manage time & resource across the SEO content & PR team and client allocation
- Support on sales proposals and recommendations
- Oversee the recruitment process for all new SEO content & PR team staff
- Devise, refine and implement new team-wide processes including the production of training documents & presentations
- Deliver content training to clients and internal VS staff
- Organise regular content team meetings & feedback in senior SEO team meetings
- Act as the main point of contact for all Visualsoft content
- Organise and oversee work experience staff
- Work with designers & developers to create large on-site content pieces (CMS pages, guides, interactive content)
- Create content marketing campaigns and lead on campaign ideation processes
- Carry out keyword research using a range of tools (Google Keyword Planner, Ahrefs) that strategically aligns with SEO Strategy & gaining visibility
- Complete advanced content-relevant strategy tasks (thematic sitemaps, competitor analysis, product-page optimisation, tag analysis, site architecture review)
- Create quarterly and yearly content strategies independently
- Drive strategic direction on content-led projects, delivering quarterly client plans
- Tracking, reporting and providing detailed analysis of content-led project performance
- Manage own workload and maintain individual and team KPIs
- Attend & deliver presentations in client-facing meetings
- Continually expand knowledge & understanding of wider SEO practices
What we need to see:
The Visualsoft team is the perfect combination if you ask us. Team members are talented, ambitious, motivated, expert and a whole lot of fun, and we want someone who can join the team and be part of our fantastic culture.
This role requires someone with a proven track record of producing outstanding content for SEO purposes and excellent organisational and planning skills. Ability to manage a team effectively and work closely with senior members of the team and higher management is key; experience within SEO and other marketing channels, and willingness to self-learn are also crucial to developing.
Key competencies for the role are as follows:
- 4+ years experience in an SEO content writing role
- Outstanding writing and grammar skills and the ability to write for different formats and audiences
- Current knowledge of all key industry news and algorithm changes
- Understanding of key content-relevant technical SEO concepts (indexation, duplication, site architecture, page speed)
- Detailed understanding of content strategy and how to create content that attracts a qualified audience
- Good grasp of wider SEO elements (local SEO, international etc.)
- Thorough understanding of tools relevant to the role: Searchmetrics, Ahrefs, Majestic, Screaming Frog, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager etc.
- Thorough understanding & knowledge of content marketing processes including how to research topics, find a media hook and promote content marketing campaigns
- A detailed understanding of how marketing decisions affect the commercial elements of a client’s business.
- Cross-discipline understanding. Awareness of how an individual specialism interacts with other channels.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to foster strong relationships at all levels
- Strong & knowledgeable in client facing scenarios
- Ability to make team-wide decisions and suggest new improvements to processes
- Experience in managing, inspiring and training a team.
What we’ve got to offer:
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and outstanding benefits including:
- Competitive basic salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Fully flexible working
- Bupa Employee Assistance Programme
- VS Perks, have a monthly treat on us; from Amazon vouchers, Playstation credits, Birchbox to Just Eat there's something for everyone!
- Free breakfast, fruit, hot and cold drinks & protein shakes
- Friday afternoon drinks - wind down for the weekend with a choice of soft and alcoholic drinks
- Pension scheme
- Discounts across our brands
- Regular team social events
- Training & development
So if you think you’ve got what it takes to join one of the UK’s leading eCommerce providers, we’d love to hear from you.
A little formality… by applying you implicitly consent to us processing your personal data for review for this vacancy only.
How to apply.
Fill out the form and add your current CV and a cover letter as well as your portfolio of work. Your cover letter and portfolio of work are a big part of our decision making, so use them to give us your best elevator pitch and past work! Share your expertise and experience and tell us why you’re the perfect fit for our team!
We are highly committed to the safety of our employees, therefore we are currently working remotely. All interviews will therefore take place virtually.
Closing Date1 week from now
SalaryCompetitive + Benefits Package