We’re currently looking for Front End Web Developers to expand our existing website Build Team and help us support and grow our existing eCommerce platform.
We are on the lookout for a highly motivated and creative web specialist to join our Front End Development Build Team. As part of the team you will be responsible for adding new and exciting front end functionality to our current client base, which consists of over 1000 eCommerce websites.
The work we do in the Build Team is extremely varied and as a result leaves a lot of room for personal development and autonomy. The work offers a number of different challenges on a daily basis so being able to use your own initiative and having a willingness to learn is crucial.
You'll be responsible for delivering high quality web projects and work amongst a team of talented developers and marketers. You'll work with exciting brands, with a particular focus on retailers, and play a leading role in their growth.
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and outstanding benefits (including a pension scheme, unlimited holidays, flexitime, flexible working, free breakfasts, subsidised gym membership, free protein shakes, company nights out and a BUPA Employee Assistance Programme) so if you think you’ve got what it takes to join one of the UK’s leading eCommerce providers, we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll be doing
- Website Development: You’ll use in-house documentation to integrate a wide variety of features and functionality into our existing websites using our in-house built Visualsoft platform.
- Platform Improvement: You’ll also actively maintain and improve current features and functionality of the platform to ensure we stay ahead of the industry with our offering.
- Internal Support: You’ll provide specialised guidance and support to colleagues within other Visualsoft teams when required, and if required, play a role in Visualsoft’s own brand marketing collateral, such as websites and email templates.
What we need to see
- A high degree of skill in HTML, CSS development.
- Understanding of code versioning tool Git and using the command line to manage different repositories in Github.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience in responsive based frameworks.
- ‘Self-motivated’ with an ability to demonstrate a can-do approach.
- An analytical mindset with strong problem solving skills and a willingness to learn.
- Professionalism, integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Determination to reach an end goal and work through challenges working effectively as part of a cross functional team.
- Able to pick up new technologies, systems and processes quickly.
- A proven track record of working individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage workloads and to keep to schedule and lead time deadlines.
What we've got to offer
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and outstanding benefits including:
- Competitive basic salary.
- Unlimited holiday.
- Fully flexible working.
- Bupa Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free breakfast, fruit & protein shakes.
- Discounts across our brands.
- Regular team social events.
- Training & development.
So if you think you’ve got what it takes to join one of the UK’s leading eCommerce providers, we’d love to hear from you.
A little formality… by applying you implicitly consent to us processing your personal data for review for this vacancy only.
How to Apply Fill out the form and add your current CV and a cover letter. We think the cover letter is so important, so use it to give us your best elevator pitch! Share your expertise and experience and tell us why you’re the perfect fit for our team! We regret that, due to high competition for roles at Visualsoft, we are only able to contact successful candidates. If you don’t hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.
**Talent Hunter Referral Bounty - £250 ** Help us find the right talent to join our team, and get a handsome reward in return. It couldn’t be easier - if you know someone that could be an ideal candidate, either refer them directly to us or simply ask them to include your details as the referer when they apply. If they land the job with us as a direct result of your referral, you get the bounty!
Closing Date7 hours from now
SalaryCompetitive + Benefits Package